The internet has become part of our everyday lives and is now easier to access then ever before. At Alderman Bolton Primary Academy, we appreciate the importance of the internet as a learning tool for children today and the use of technology as an integral part of teaching and learning.
The children benefit from a wide range of technical resources, with online capabilities at the centre of their learning. It provides them with the opportunities to access a wide range of educational tools, communicate with friends and investigate the world around them. However, there is also content available that is not suitable for children. We hope that the information provided on this page will help to keep your children safe and ensure they use technology, including mobile phones responsibly. If you wish to know more please contact a member of staff at school.
Use of the Internet can have risks. Young people are more at risk of exposure to inappropriate or criminal behaviour if they are unaware of the dangers.
These dangers include:
- Viewing unsuitable content e.g. hate material, adult content, sites that endorse unhealthy behaviour
- Giving out personal information
- Arranging to meet an online 'friend'
- Becoming involved in, or the victim of, bullying, identity theft, or making and sending indecent or illegal images
- Spending too much time online (internet addiction), which can effect concentration, sleep and health
- Copying information from the internet or buying work from other people to use as their own