The motorbike club is available to year 6 pupils. It has been in existence since 2010 and has had success in local and national competions.
The club members work as a team to creatively modify a motorbike. The bike will be entered into the Warrington Wheels Motorcycle Building Competition and the National Youthbike residential competition.
Members are encouraged to:
- Make detailed scale drawings.
- Produce a design for a vehicle.
- Measure effectively and use basic tools.
- To customise a bike in accordance with their plan.
- To produce a portfolio of evidence and to display their work for a competition.
- To attend Warrington Wheels under 18s competition
- To attend National Youthbike competition (camping residential)
There are opportunities to develop Numeracy, Literacy, ICT, Communication, Teamwork,
Thinking skills, Art, Photography, and simple mechanics.