Bicycle club is available to key stage 2 pupils. The course runs in 6 week blocks and aims to teach children how to maintain their bike in a safe and roadworthy condition.
The children are able to develop practical skills as well as working as part of a team.
The main aims of the course are to:
- Name the parts of the bicycle and have an understanding of how they work
- To select the correct tool for the job and use it correctly
- Be able to safely adjust seat, handle bars, brakes etc
- To be a able to repair a puncture
- To develop an awareness of the need to safely maintain their bicycle.